Want to be a StoryLight Narrator?
We’d love to have you!
Please take a moment to read our technical requirements and make sure your raw audio meets these standard specs. If your audio does meet these specs, please send us a brief introduction of yourself below and a pitch of the public domain story you would like to narrate for StoryLight. We will contact you for a sample of the audio.
Please also keep in mind that StoryLight is a FREE Podcast. At this time, all labour is volunteered, and as always, our stories are offered as a gift to the listener.
- Must be consistent throughout in sound and formatting.
- Must be recorded in mono and delivered in a 192kbps .MP3 or .WAV (44.1 kHz).
- Must Include 3-5 seconds of room tone at beginning or end of file.
- Must be a CLEAN raw file….free of extraneous sounds and noises (we highly recommend using Punch & Roll).
- Must measure between -23 dB and -12 dB RMS and have -3 dB peak values and a maximum -60 dB noise floor.
*If your audio files do not match these requirements but you are still interested in being a StoryLight Narrator and want to learn more, please reach out and let us know you have questions about how to get there. We are happy to facilitate a coaching session for you to get everything up and running at a professional level.